Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hungry, hungry...chicks.



Wow. I never thought I would say this, but these chicks can EAT!



I've been purchasing 5lb bags of Chick Starter from Agway (its the largest bag they sell) and we go through 1 bag every 2 days! At this rate, by 8 weeks (the recommended time they stay on the feed) they will be eating several bags A DAY!



However, I am slightly excited about the fact that soon my peeps will be eating BUGS. And not just any bugs...they will be eating our hideous crawl space dwelling tenants the infamous CAVE CRICKETS. Now I dont have a dislike for bugs. Yes, I dont care for spiders, but Cave Crickets, oh, these beasts of burden are the most foul, awful insects you will ever find in your home.

Imagine, if you will, a spider like creature that jumps like a grasshopper and scurrys like a mouse. And rather than jumping away from danger - they jump right at you!! Lets just say in the middle of the night when you open the bathroom door and frighten one, rather than jumping away - it jumps directly at your face, causing you to throw your hands in the air and scream like a little girl, dancing about the bathroom floor (and this is just my husbands reaction!).

So, needless to say, I will cherish the day that I can feed my flock these God awful insects! But until then, I'm off to Agway again to buy another bag of feed....

Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment